If you’re unlucky enough to be involved in a disconnection process, You will know how stressful this situation is. Not only is management time expended on matters of which you have little experience, buy you have the added pressure of being responsible for keeping the lights on – literally!
Energy suppliers do not take the decision to apply for a disconnection warrant lightly and when they do it can feel like you are dealing with an unstoppable, inevitable outcome.
This isn’t always the case. Often suppliers want to avoid disconnection as much the customer, but payment problems breach trust and affect credibility. Maximeyes is the energy consulting business that can help.
We work with all of the main energy suppliers in the UK. Our account management team is used to managing contractual arrangements for everybody’s benefit.
Victoria Thomson our Head of Customer Care and Account Management is available to give advice to any organisation that finds themselves in this difficult position.
At Maximeyes we manage an estate of over 3000 meters and based on the experience we have gained looking after a diverse range of businesses, our advice to any organisation for whom disconnection is a threat is as follows:
- Maintain good communication with your suppliers – don’t bury your head in the sand – provide early advice to avoid the possibility of disconnection
- Be up front with your suppliers – they realise these are unprecedented times and that reliable forecasting is probably beyond your reasonable control
- Suppliers can and do offer payment plans and are often prepared to extend contracts to meet agreed payment schedules. At Maximeyes we have negotiated plans that range from between 6 and 18 months to assist in the management of cashflow for our clients
- Make proposals realistic and affordable – don’t default! Suppliers respect a customer who has a plan and can stick to stick to it.
- Be transparent about the state of your business and be prepared to share management information
- If you’re in a disconnection process, talk to us now! We can help to reverse the situation and re-establish relations with your supplier
- If disconnection is imminent – we can provide advice on what to do and how to get a disconnection warrant removed
- Even if you have already been disconnected, don’t allow this setback to lead to business failure. Talk to us about mitigating the costs of reconnection.
Maximeyes (UK) Limited is one of the UK’s leading utility consultancies. For over 16 years we have been working with businesses to provide them with simple solutions to help them reduce the cost of their electricity, gas, water, telecoms and waste services. We’ve helped businesses to streamline their operations and significantly reduce their costs whilst delivering award winning customer service. We can help you with anything from negotiating your supply contracts, to analysing your energy usage or validating your bills. Unlike an energy broker, we also offer a range of energy solutions to help you reduce your consumption, as well as your costs.